Friday, February 5, 2010

Balance

It's all about finding balance these days.

I find myself balancing all 3 girls when they want me to hold them to read a book....and I don't dare make the mistake of not putting my arms around the 2 girls sitting on the outside legs instead of middle....oh no...arms must reach all the way around to be sure everyone is included. This is getting tougher as they get bigger! :)

I've increased my hours at work. Now I work 65% full time (which means I work 2 days in the office and an additional 10 hours from home each week.) It is certainly something we are all trying to get used to. My parents are still watching the girls while I work, but now instead of coming to our house, I take the girls to their house on those 2 days. It's good for my parents so they can still get a few things done around their house and don't feel "stuck" at mine, and it's also good for the girls to get out and be away from home more often. I love my job, and as you may know, we are opening a new HUGE Ohio Union (student center) on OSU's campus at the end of March. translation: I'm VERY BUSY at work and find myself squeezing work projects into every nap time and many evenings after the girls go to bed.

I've started a jogging program that is training me to run a 5K without walking. I know I could complete a 5K today if I wanted, but I'm pretty sure I'd have to walk part of it. So my goal is to complete one this spring without walking. After I accomplish this, I want to train for a half marathon. (Yup, I just put that in writing....13.1 miles!) So far, I'm on week 5 of my training, and tomorrow I'll be doing a 20 min run, without walking...wish me luck! Oh and did I mention, I HATE RUNNING!?

I'm also trying to plan the girls' 2nd birthday party...I know I want it zoo animal theme, but honestly, I don't have anything else planned. Stay tuned.

I miss chatting with my MoMfia....other Mom's of Multiples...but I know once my job settles down a bit after we open the new building, I'll be able to reconnect with those ladies.

So there you have it....lots going on here. I am planning to do a new post about the girls and all of the words they are saying (or trying to say) now and all of their fun (and sometimes crazy) antics! hopefully coming soon....

So while I'm not sure if I have found the perfect balance for me yet, I'm trying.
I'm trying to be the best mom I can be and be grateful for the opportunity of staying at home and raising my girls.
I'm trying to do the best job I possibly can so I can continue to work on projects I love and keep the great job I have!
I'm trying to find a healthier place for myself and getting and staying active again.

How is your life balanced?

2 comments:

Kristen C said...

Sounds like a lot is going on!!! We need to catch up soon! Especially when you mentioned "ZOO!" he he he! I'm really proud of the 5K Training you are doing. If only I had a treadmill INSIDE I would be right there beside you! Maybe we could do one together :) Good excuse to come home! :) Can't wait to see pictures! Miss you!

Lani said...

You hang in there girl. And way to go on the running! I have an idea for you: train for the Disney half marathon (next January), and I'll run it with you! And you can take the girls to Disney:) I'll give you some time to think about that:)