Thursday, September 24, 2009

Visiting the NICU.

Yes, it has been 18 months ago and yes, the girls were only there for 8 and 11 days...but it is still so, so, so important to me to go back and visit the OSU NICU to thank our nurses and let them see the girls. I know I've said it before, but they took care of my babies when I couldn't...and I'm forever grateful. The least I can do is stop in for visits and say thank you.

I also had another reason for wanting to go. After this past Spring's garage sale, I had a few preemie sleepers left and I thought instead of donating them to Goodwill like I did with the rest of the clothes, I would give them to the NICU to use on sweet little babies. I know I was so excited the first time I walked in to the NICU and our girls were wearing one of the sleepers that we had left for them. It just made it so nice that they were all snuggled and comfy.

The nurses were very grateful and I'm glad those tiny little sleepers will be keeping other little babies snug and warm too. We had a nice visit with some of our favorite nurses (sorry we missed you Katie and Joy!) and we hope to stop by again closer to the girls' 2nd birthday!


No comments: