Friday, September 11, 2009

I remember...

Today is September 11th. It's just another date in September, but obviously not just another day.
For so many this date will forever be remembered by:
those that lost loved ones,
those that live or work in NY, D.C., and PA.
those that were brave and
those that helped others climb down stairs.
those that helped save others by saying "let's roll"
those that were scared but answered the call.
those that helped in any way they could
those that were "there"
and those that were scared.

and while many will remember September 11, 2001, I'm afraid that many others have simply forgotten what it felt like on that Tuesday morning.

I haven't forgotten:
I was scared.
I was sad.
I was emotional.
I was mad.
I was confused.
I was uncertain.

But in the days, weeks, months and now years since then....I am even more proud to be an American and remember at what cost my freedom comes. I would consider both Jeff and I to be very proud and patriotic Americans. I hope we pass along the same feeling of respect, honor and privilege of being Americans to our girls. One day we will share with them all of the heroic stories that occurred on September 11, 2001 so they too can appreciate all of the brave men and women that serve our country and keep us safe. Thank you to all of our fine soldiers, police forces and fire departments and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

3 comments:

Tonya Winningham said...

Very nice, Marie.
I teach 4th grade and it is amazing at what an emotional day this is for me, and how my students don't even know. How much needs to be taught to this young generation.
However, on a lighter note, today is also remembered around my house and family as Timo's birthday!

Kristen Callaway said...

Thank you for putting it so wonderfully! I actually got a little teary eyed reading it as I remembered exactly where I was on that horrific day! Thank you for remembering!

Beth said...

Wow, yes, I remember everything about that day. Where I was, how emotional, empty and strange I felt. It reminds me to feel blessed for everything I have and thankful to the heroes that keep us safe. Also to not take for granted the "things" I have. God Bless America.