Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Grandparent's Day!

What would we do without Grandparents? I don't know about your family, but I can say that Grandma and Grandpa are ESSENTIAL to making ours work! Thank God my parents live close and get to enjoy seeing the girls a couple times a week or at least once a week when I trot off to work for a day. And like my dad mentioned recently: "It's so nice to live close and see each other for short visits more often than have to squeeze all visits into extended visits that happen less frequently. He's so right. Like just this past week I took the girls up one afternoon to see Grandpa and he immediately took us all out on the golf cart and we drove around looking for ducks to feed. Then we came back and played in the yard and waited for Grandma to get home from work.

The girls adore my mom and dad and we're so fortunate they live close. And because I'm such a great daughter.... (HAHA)....I decided what better way for mom and dad to wake up on Grandparents day than to wake up with 3 little girls in their house! Ha! That's right. The girls had their very first sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's house last night (while Jeff and I went to the OSU v. USC game....let's not talk about that). Everyone survived! I wasn't worried about the girls...I never do when they are with them. I was just hoping that they would be good for G&G and from what they tell me, all went great! They didn't nap in the afternoon, but they did sleep last night and were happy to see G&G bright and early this morning. "Next time" I think we should try it on a Friday night....that way, we can sleep in and not worry about getting them before church. :) But for now, I'll take the small victories (too bad I can't say the same about the Buckeyes), and be happy that the girls did fine and my parents seem willing to try it all over again sometime. Thanks Mom and Dad! We couldn't ask for better parents or grandparents! Love you!

No comments: