Monday, August 31, 2009

Fair time!

Two weekends ago we drove over to Darke County, Ohio where Jeff grew up, to spend some time enjoying the fresh air! We stayed with Jeff's sister Rhonda's family and really had a great time hanging out with Rhonda, Cliff and Payton and Ethan. The boys were really great when playing with the girls and showing them everything fun to do in the "country." The fresh air, and relaxing breezes were almost too much and we didn't want to come home.

We also went to The Great Darke County Fair on Friday and Saturday and the girls thoroughly enjoyed it. They liked seeing all of the animals, but I think they like the cows the best! They liked the pigs, but only when they were sleeping. The minute one would snort in their direction, they would start getting anxious and Ava started flapping her arms like a little bird. :) We let them try their first 2 fair games...and wouldn't you know, they WON! ha!

Here they are playing the duck pond game with me and Rhonda and they all won new little rubber duckies.

Next they tried their hand at fishing! They could barely see over the barrel of water so we had to hold them on the edge. Notice Alexis patiently waiting her turn!

Alexis' turn!

Of course the girls love to see real live ducks even more, so we were lucky to find these cute little ducks going through a mini obstacle course. The little ducks would climb up the black ramp and then try to eat a bit of food that was just on the edge and then slide back down into the water. The ducks just did it over and over and the girls just giggled and loved them!

We also got to see Jeff's brother Darrell and his family for a short time while at the fair. Hopefully next time we can spend more time with them. Of course, I loved touring all of the camper trailers. Some of my all-time favorite memories as a kid are from camping with my parents and brother and sister. I'm so fortunate to have seen practically this entire country (with the small exception of about 3-4 states) all through family vacations. I hope Jeff and I can share those experiences with our girls and allow them to see all that this great country has to offer. One day we will have a camper too so we can make that happen. I know it sounds nuts, but I look forward to the fair each each just for looking at new campers...oh and cotton candy of course too! Of which I bought a total of 4 monster bags. One was finished before I left the fair on Friday, and the other 3 (bought Sat.) lasted until this past weekend (so about 9 days!). I do love it and I think I have 3 little ladies that love it just as much. :)

Thanks to Rhonda, Cliff and the boys for letting us come stay!

1 comment:

Kristen Callaway said...

awww....That is a great memory to have! They loved the fair...just as I hope my chidren do someday! BY the way, I love the new header!!! Their hair is getting so long and they are getting so big! Joe couldn't believe how old they look...he definitely wants to make plans to come in and visit soon!!!