Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Where did May go?

May is always a month I look forward to because it promises nice days and weather to get outside! But where oh where did May go?  I was doing so well with updates and then BAM!  But in my defense, we spent every day of last week at my parent's house preparing for a garage sale. While the girls napped, I tagged clothes and sorted by size etc. Last weekend we had the sale at my parents' house and it was a HUGE success!  My sister and I both sold a LOT of stuff. She had tons of misc. household and scrapbook items and I had TONS of girl clothes and baby items that we are officially done with! YEA!  My nephew Thomas even sold a ton of his toys and made out quite well.  Although it was fun and very successful, I'm glad it's over. It was a lot of work!  

This weekend is Jeff's HS reunion so we are venturing out for our first trip away from the girls. We'll only be gone for 2 nights, but I have to say I'm really looking forward to getting away. Not that I won't miss the girls dearly, but it will be nice to take a 2 hour drive and be able to talk to Jeff and not be worried about if the girls are going to wake up or cry or need something. And geez, I might even take a nap!  :)  

My parents will be watching the girls while we are gone and I know it will all go well. I told my mom, I wasn't worried about the girls. They will be fine and not miss a beat. I was feeling guilty about leaving them with the girls while my mom is still laid up because of her ankle. But her and my dad insist that it's no big deal, so we're headed out on Friday!  Hope you all have a great memorial day weekend too!

Thanks to all of those past, present and future soldiers fighting to keep us safe and allowing us to live in such a wonderful world!  I'm so grateful. 

2 comments:

SaraBelle said...

Yay for the success at the Garage Sale!! And triple yay for getting away for a few nights! I know you both will have a blast and I'm sure the girls will have a rocking awesome time with your parents!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!! ;-)

Grey Family said...

I wish I would have known you were selling baby items!!!!!!!! I need to buy a few other items for the next time around because I borrowed some from Cara who will be having twins! :) I tried calling you the other day but it was busy! :( Enjoy your trip away!