Monday, May 4, 2009

OUCH!

Unfortunately, my mom slipped on some cardboard last Thursday night while she was getting the recycling ready to set out at the curb....and broke her ankle! Poor thing. My dad saw it happen and he said he knew it was broken because no leg should ever do what her's did. Bend in the wrong place!  So after spending way too long in the ER, they admitted her to the hospital and she had surgery last Friday where they had to put in screws and plates to fix the bones (yes, that's right, she broke both leg bones). Now she has a big splint cast up to her knee and has to stay off of it completely for at least 6 weeks!  Yikes!  My mom is super active and always on the go and let's be honest...she takes care of ALL of us, so this is really putting a damper on her plans. But we're all very grateful that she didn't break any other bones during her fall or hit her head making us all realize it could have been worse.  

My dad is going to watch the girls for me tomorrow (my one day in the office) while my mom tells him what to do from the couch. Thanks for being a team player Dad and pinch hitting for Mom tomorrow! I know you'll do great! I just hope the girls are happy little people! 

Keep my mom in your thoughts for a healthy and speedy recovery! And think of my dad as he is changing way too many diapers tomorrow! :)

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aidan has a broken leg and a cast right now, too! It's such a bummer! I hope your mom heals fast...

Rachael said...

oh no, i bet that was incredibly painful. i hope that her leg heels quickly + she is up chasing the girls around in no time. prayers...

SaraBelle said...

Oh no! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers! Are you still doing your garage sale next weekend? Please let me know if you need any help . . . Tim is around all week next week and I'm sure I could get away for a bit if you need anything. I'll keep you all in my thoughts (and say a little prayer for your dad tomorrow!).

Harris Boys said...

OUCH is right. Hope your mom has a fast recovery! good luck to grandpa! I'm sure he'll do great!!!

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

Oh bummer, so sorry about your broken ankle... I hope you heal quickly and aren't in too much pain. Good luck to Grandpa with all those diapers! :o)

Pam said...

Marie, tell your mom I am so sorry to hear about her accident! Hope she feels better soon.

Love all the pictures of your girls!