Sunday, May 10, 2009

A day for moms.

There is so much to say about today. It is just a day, yet it can mean so much. Last year I barely remember Mother's Day since it was during the "first 3 months daze" but this year is different. This year, I am more confident as a mom and feel like it is more real. It's been an interesting year for me. Mostly all good, but there have certainly been moments when I felt like I had lost myself and would think "Who am I and where in the world has Marie gone?" But for all that I have lost, I have gained three-fold. 
some serious and some funny reflections from the past year:

I have lost sleep, but have so many dreams for my girls.
I have lost my patience a time or two, but I have been given the chance to find it too.
I have lost time for myself, but have been given days filled with tickles and giggles.
I have lost good parking spots, but have gained a trucker's point of view.
I have lost touch with friends, but I have begun new friendships and sparked up some old ones too. 
I have lost track of time, and have grown lovely dark roots
....although I got "new" hair yesterday! woohoo, I'm fake blonde again!! :)
I have lost the ease of eating out, but I have gained a packed folder of take out menus. 
I have lost time with Jeff, but I have gained a deeper bond with him as parents. 

As I reflect back on the past year and look at the times when I whined or boo hooed that I didn't feel like me anymore, I now realize that I was right....I'm not just Marie anymore and I thank God I'm not.
I'm so proud to say, 
I'm ME.
I'm Ma ma.
I'm a Mom--the most rewarding title I will EVER have. 
now if I can just remember this on those challenging days, we'll be all set right?! :)

I have lost nothing. I have only gained time, opportunities, experiences and life with Anna, Ava and Alexis! I can't think of anything better than that. 

A special Happy Mother's day to my mom, Jane, my sister, Tammy, Jeff's sister Rhonda, and our sister in law's Michele, Julia and Emily as well as to all of my friends both in real life and in blogger world! Happy Mother's day, love you all!! 

3 comments:

SaraBelle said...

Happy Mother's Day Marie! What an absolutely beautiful entry!

Lauren said...

Thank you Marie! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day as well! I hope you took the time to relax and enjoy yourself. I know we both have very busy lives, in very different ways, but we can handle it and are deserving of days to ourselves. You are a FANTASTIC mother. I look up to your strength as well. One day we will say, "remember when?" with a smile :)

Tonya Winningham said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of the most inspiring moms! Thanks for always keeping my spirits up~Love your blog!