Sunday, May 3, 2009

1.2 (aka 14 months!)

Today the girls are 14 months old! Geesh, April flew by. Although I have to admit, I'm kind of glad. May is such a fun month and I look forward to nicer weather and getting out of the house with the girls more.  In honor of a new month, here's a funny story. The girls have learned that certain things will grant them a "no, no, no" from mommy with me shaking my finger back and forth. Well, they have learned it so well in fact that the other day, Ava walked right up to Alexis, smacked her on the top of the head and before I could say a word, she looked at me and shook her little pointer finger at me as if to say "no, no, no". I guess she knows what comes next, but she hasn't quite grasped the concept of NOT hitting her sister. I had to turn away so I didn't laugh. And since it wasn't a hard smack and Alexis didn't cry...it was pretty funny.

I've been slacking on the pictures lately, so now I'm going to overload you over the next week....Enjoy!

Anna

Ava

Alexis

(Note: The girls got new tennis shoes a week ago and on the first day of trying them outside, Alexis thought it would be a good idea to run on the sidewalk....unfortunately the sidewalk wasn't so nice. :( You'll be glad to hear her nose is all healed up now and no more scab.)


3 comments:

SaraBelle said...

Happy Birthday, girls!! And poor Alexis! I'm glad to hear she is all healed up! Such a cute story . . . B&K are both quite proficient with shaking their head "no" -- they think it is a really fun game. :-)

The Wilcoxson's said...

it is so funny how they pick on things that you do. Sometimes that can be funny and sometimes it is convicting.

Rachael said...

happy 14 months!