Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dear Alexis,

You have been a ball of energy since the moment you arrived. Actually, you've been keeping me busy even before your were born as you flipped and turned summersaults on my upper right side. Even though you are the youngest, you were the most anxious to come home and did so 3 days before your sisters. You've been entertaining us ever since.

You have a special twinkle in your beautiful blue eyes. You like to play and tease, but your feelings can get hurt very easily....mainly when one of your sisters takes your toys. Or if I take away the phone, you really don't like it. You do love for me to chase you and act like I'm going to get you as you run into your daddy's arms. You giggle when I tickle your ribs. You pick up cheerios like you are picking up a dainty tea cup. You are very fond of Grandpa and love to see what new toys (iPhone) he has in his pockets to show you. You also love to sit with daddy and just relax. You can be very independent and don't need anyone else to play with. Although you also love to get rowdy with your sisters and you are very sweet when you give them kisses. You LOVE the kitty cat and point and say "ki-ca" contantly along with "dada".  You like to pull barrettes out of your sisters' hair but for some reason will leave one in your hair, no problem. You have learned how to get up onto the loveseat by crawling on top of your chair. I can't wait to see where you go next. 

You always make us laugh more and more every day. 
We love you so much Alexis Marie.
Happy first birthday!

Love, Mom and Dad

6 comments:

SaraBelle said...

Happy Birthday, Alexis! We are looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

Kristen Callaway said...

Little Alexis...you were the one that wanted me to love on your during my visit :) I'll never forget it! Happy Birthday!

Rachael said...

happy 1st birthday alexis!

Tonya Winningham said...

This one really brought the tears to my eyes! Happy Birthday Alexis!

Sarah Harmacek said...

Happy Birthday Alexis! It has been so much fun to see you grow over the last year.

Annie said...

Happy First Birthday, Alexis!!!! God bless you.