Friday, November 14, 2008

Let me count the ways....

November is a month in which I try to really take the time to be thankful for all of the wonderful things in my life. I hope to continue these posts throughout the year, but thought it was best started in November, the month in which we "officially" give thanks.

I am thankful for many things, but here is what's on my mind today...

I'm thankful for a husband who doesn't judge me when he comes home from work and sees I'm still in the same yoga pants as when he left and clearly I haven't taken a shower. 

I'm thankful for a mother who sews the most wonderful things for my girls that will mean so much to them down the road. Like their baptismal dresses, jackets, costumes and now their winter coats. 

I'm thankful for a husband who recognized how important it was to me to attend a friend's baby shower last saturday and watched the girls by himself for longer than 1.5 hours for the very first time. He did such a great job (as I knew he would) that I scheduled a hair appointment for this past Tuesday and he watched the girls alone again and even fed them breakfast this time! He also put them to bed by himself while I went to book club Wed. night. I'm thankful for him getting comfortable watching the girls alone and also for "new" hair! :)

I'm thankful for "little" achievements. Anna and Alexis have joined Ava in the crawling world and now they are both pulling up to stand at the ottoman by themselves too.

I'm thankful my parents are so supportive of our entire family. Not once have they made us feel like we are in this alone. They are always offering to help...now I just need to learn how to accept it. 

I'm thankful, of course for three little sweets named Anna, Ava and Alexis. They make each day so special!

For these things and for many, many more....I'm thankful.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Marie and "Gator"- You have no idea how delightful it is for me to follow your family online. I miss you guys and so hope to get up there from Mississippi to see them in person. My best to all of you.
Love,
Sharon Rone

SaraBelle said...

Aw -- this is beautiful! It gave me goosebumps. Great writing, Marie -- so sweet (and big hurray to Jeff!!). :-)

Jennifer said...

What a lovely post! I am also completely thrilled when Scotte watches the boys and I can get away. It's wonderful for the kids to have daddy time! Take care!

rachael said...

oh marie, what a touching post! it gave me goosebumps too :) thank you so much for sharing all that you are thankful for. i love that you called your girls little sweets...too precious!

rachael said...

ps - i knew he could do it!!! :) way to go daddy!

Harris Boys said...

aww marie. you do have a lot to be thankful for. I may have to steal this idea for my blog :)

yay for daddy...I know its nice to get away and know your kids are in good hands!!!

Annie said...

Great post Marie. It's very important to thank God for everything, and thank all the help we receive from our husband and family.

tbonegrl said...

What a sweet post Marie! Thanks for sharing! We are thankful you share your beautiful three with us and are such a good mom!!!