Thursday, October 23, 2008

Where did the week go?

This past week seems like it has been extra busy...but no more than usual as I look back....

Saturday--Watched OSU football team beat Michigan State!

Here's a picture of the girls in their new little red jackets that my mom made for them specifically for tailgating! Alexis is clearly more interested in checking out what's around the corner!

Sunday--Took the girls to a pumpkin patch. Had a great time but no one would look at the camera at the same time. Anna wanted to lick every pumpkin and Ava and Alexis enjoyed crunching leaves in their hands!

Monday--Same old same old at home!

Tuesday--I went to work at OSU for my one day in the office. Good productive day, but I was glad to see the girls when I got home. Jeff worked his parttime job that evening and my mom was kind enough to stay and help put the girls down for bed. (They've been getting a little cranky lately from about 5pm-8pm each night. Not sure what's going on, but I was glad to have her here!)

Wednesday--Took the girls to story hour at the library and then walked around Target, Carter's and Best Buy as well as up and back the entire length of the strip malls. It was a gorgeous day in Ohio so I took advantage of happy babies in a stroller for as long as they would let me!

Thursday--Had a Halloween playdate at my friend Nandee's house. She invited a bunch of neighbors and friends so there were quite a few kids there. It was a great time this morning even though the rest of the kids were all pretty much 2 and up. The girls still seemed to enjoy playing on their blanket in a new environment. Even if it was still only playing with each other. Nandee's girls (Stella-3 and Lilia-2) were so nice to mine and were great little hostesses. It was just nice to get out in the morning and have a place to go. 

I do have to share that prior to the playdate, I was a little worried since it was scheduled for the time that the girls usually take their morning nap. So I still got them all ready and instead of laying them down this morning, I just packed us all up in the car and went for a drive. I took a detour (Nandee lives in my neighborhood only a few streets away.) for about 40 minutes and let the girls get a nap in before we went to play. It worked perfectly and the girls were nice, happy little girls for the party....and I got 40 mins of silence just driving around looking at the beautiful fall leaves out in the country. I also found a nice looking church that I think I want us to visit soon. It doesn't look too big or too small, but just right. I hope I'm right!

Well tomorrow is Friday, so I hope your week has been a great one too. Enjoy the weekend and as always....GO BUCKEYES--beat Penn State! 

6 comments:

Harris Boys said...

wow...you have been busy. sounds like a fun gtg with some other moms. love how you drove around and let the girls sleep. I can't tell you how many times I've done that...lol.

Michelle said...

most babies have a rut of being cranky between those early evening hours, but eventually it goes away. it can be very frustrating though!

Michelle (friend of Beth)

rachael said...

what a fun week! those jackets are too cute, i love them! and so funny about the pumpkin licking - heehee!

The Wilsons said...

I LOVE the pumpkin pictures! So adorable! I hope OSU beats Penn State this weekend too! GO Buckeyes!

Katie said...

Great week!! Love the red sweatshirts - the girls look adorable (but they look adorable in everything). The pumpkin licking made me laugh out loud - HA! I'm so proud and amazed at how much you get out (despite your disclaimer in your last post...you don't give yourself enough credit, Marie!). You truly are giving them a normal, awesome life - and that is so great. What a fun-loving mom you are! We were in your neighborhood this past Sunday night/Monday morning - for a whole 12 hours, that is. Hubby had a business meeting in downtown Columbus, so we drove up, stayed the night, and left at noon the next day. I thought of you while I was there and was tempted to get in touch with you, but knew we didn't have much time. Anyway, I loved your city - it's beautiful!!

tbonegrl said...

love love love the pics! They are fabulous!!!