Friday, September 26, 2008

MIA

So I've been MIA this week. It's been pretty crazy at my house and since there is really nothing besides our every day life to blame, I'm blaming it on the girls' first colds. Yup, you read correctly. The girls are sick for the very first time. I don't know if they caught something from someone when I took them to campus last week to visit Jeff at work or say hi to my co-workers or if Jeff brought something home, but mysteriously, doesn't get it himself. Regardless, it happened.  I'm proud to say that we lasted nearly 7 months before they got sick, but I wish I could have prolonged it about another 18 years!  Poor things. Anna had it first, or I noticed her runny nose first. So I quarantined her from playing with all things fun and she had to sit on her own little quilt and play with just a few little toys that I could wash. Unfortunately, by the time she showed symptoms, all 3 had already been infected because by the next day, all 3 had runny noses. They aren't running fevers and really don't seem to mind the endless snot running down their face, except for when I wipe it away. They scream worse than when they get shots. They seriously HATE getting their noses wiped. So of course now I am sick. How do you take care of 3 babies and not get what they have?  But, this too shall pass. Hopefully I'll be able to blog a bit more next week. We are getting dangerously close to 7 months...can you believe it? 

7 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats on them not getting sick until now! Mine got sick at about 6 weeks. It wasn't a bad cold, thank goodness! Just some coughing and running noses!

SaraBelle said...

I'm so sorry you are all sick! I hope you & the girls are feeling better soon! We've survived one cold so far and it was not fun!
Take care!

the schirano triplets said...

i am so sorry to hear that the girls are sick, but praying that they make a quick recovery! and 7 months? that is amazing that they are just now getting sick for the 1st time. way to go mommmy!

Beth said...

I hope you guys feel better soon! It is no fun being sick and trying to take care of the kids! We just got over runny noses and a cough (oddly enough, only Baylor got the cough). But, we are back on track now. We got the kids each a humidifier, which helped them a lot! Hope you guys are doing well besides the colds...7 months, unbelievable!! :o)

Harris Boys said...

poor little ones..do you think it might be teething? just an idea, if they aren't really running fevers and just snotty..

we're getting sick over here too.

Hope they feel better soon!

Grey Family said...

Hope all begin to feel well or some teeth come in!!

Grey Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.