Wednesday, September 3, 2008

For you Jules!


This is a response to a request from my friend Julie. She recently had a baby boy, Carson, and she is having a hard time letting go of keeping her house spic and span perfect. So I told her that even I had let go of keeping things perfect and my living room was taken over by baby stuff. I don't think she believed that I leave all of this stuff out, so I took pictures to show her (and all of you) what our upstairs living room looks like on a daily basis. Yes, I pick up toys daily and wash the quilts on the floor daily or every other day, but for the most part, all of these items are left out. Jules, check out the far end table....yup, that's a stack of blankets. I told you everything wasn't perfect and put away. But let's not get crazy...we all still know me and know that I have to at least have things picked up and organized....so yes, the blankets are stacked according to size and type. I already know I'm crazy and OC so no need to comment. :) 

So Julie...forget about keeping that "perfect" house and just enjoy your time with Carson. I promise, it gets much easier to let it all go. :)


3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, your house IS perfect!! My house is never that clean and tidy. I am truly amazed and in awe - how do you do it!??? What a cheery, fun room for the girls - I bet they love it! Unfortunately, when they start walking - as we have found - your house becomes messy quickly, as your girls will pick things up and carry them wherever they go. But - it's a happy chaos, and it's entertaining to have to search for the remote controls at the end of the day.

The 6 month update of the girls was absolutely adorable - they are just so, so beautiful and heartwarming!

Grey Family said...

Alright, I can't help but get a chuckle and a tear in my eye all at the same time. Carson went to bed at 10:30 (we aren't to the early bedtime yet!!) and I spent until now cleaning my house! Ha Ha It's finally in a semi state of mind that I will be able to relax for a tad bit tomorrow. I have to only sweep the upstairs and mop the two bathrooms. THEN, I will be able to sit and relax for sure...ok until next week. Your fun center of a living room makes me want to come over and play! :) I bought Carson's Bumpo today and I am excited for him to use it. He is just about there 100%. His head isn't quite strong enough. I look forward to the 6th month update. Maybe I can come visit before I head back to school Oct. 2nd? :)

Harris Boys said...

well said marie, but I have to agree with katie and say your house looks pretty clean to me...hehe

I gave up a LONG time ago and just try to do my best...that's all we can do, right??