Friday, September 26, 2008

Another GREAT visit!

Last Sunday, we took the girls up to Toledo to visit my grandparents. My Grandma is now in a nursing home since she has taken quite a few falls lately at home and my Grandpa is able to stay in the same facility on a different floor in the assisted living area. I should mention that my Grandpa is 93 and my Grandma is 87. So they are doing amazing! We were fortunate to be able to make the trip up to see both of them and allow them to see the girls again.   The girls LOVED the visit. They were happy sitting with both of them, even Alexis who usually gets a little scared sometimes when she isn't with Jeff or I. 

Great Grandpa holding all of the girls!
My Grandpa was so funny. I took the girls in their umbrella strollers, I had 2 and my mom pushed one. My dad was pushing him in a wheelchair and he kept telling nurses and other residents that they should watch out because there were more coming. Or he would say, I told you I had triplets in the family. He is such a joker and so fun! We also met a set of triplets that were visiting someone at the facility...I am guessing about 55-65 years old, so that is the oldest set I have met so far. There was 2 girls and a boy and I'm guessing the girls were identical. It was pretty neat for them to see the girls and for us to meet them too. 

My grandma just kept kissing the girls and telling me to take good care of them. She is just so happy that we are all doing so well and the girls are so healthy. We truly are blessed, she says. I agree.  


I'm glad the girls did so well in the van on the way up and also were so happy during the visit. It made for a great time and hopefully we can do it again soon.

3 comments:

the schirano triplets said...

i am so glad that the trip and visit both went so well, the pictures are priceless. i love seeing my grandma with the babies!

Kristen Callaway said...

How adorable!! I'm sure your grandparents loved their visit!!

Grey Family said...

Wow! What a long trip in the car with the girls. Glad that was a great start to a wonderful, priceless day! I see where the family gets their jokes from!! I am sure they won't stop talking about this visit with each other and the other residents for awhile!