Friday, August 1, 2008

TGIF!

Don't ask me how or why or even how it is possible, but the girls' light in their room came on BY ITSELF in the middle of the night, which started a chain of events that brings me to one very tired morning!  

A bit of explanation:
We have the light on a dimmer switch but also have it hooked up to a remote so we can turn it on from downstairs when it's just a bit too dark to see the girls on Triplet TV. I've been using Triplet TV during the day for naps, but really haven't used it at night forever and so we haven't had to use that remote for the light for that purpose, but it is still hooked up that way. Somehow, the light came on by itself (it's done this before but I haven't noticed it since the girls were about a month old and we were upstairs all night anyway feeding constantly so it didn't really matter if it came on by itself. I still don't know why it does this, but my dad seems to think someone else in the area has a remote light on the same frequency or something. But who else is up in the middle of the night? 
Anyway....I hear Alexis fussing at about 1:45am today and went upstairs to see what was going on....and the light was ON!  No wonder she is fussing. Well, her fussing leads to the other two waking up....oh one of the joys of having 3 in the same room! Well, Alexis went back to sleep, but Ava didn't go to sleep until about 3:45am. And that was after I took her and put her in the pack n' play downstairs and slept the rest of the night on the couch. Then Alexis decided she wanted up at 4:30am and woke everyone up again. Needless to say, their first bottle was at 5am today and I'm TIRED!  Poor Jeff had to go to work so I know he is going to have a rough day too. Hopefully he got a bit more sleep than I did, but he was still up with us for most of it. What a trooper. 

The girls are pretty good today so that helps this tired mom, but boy, I hope that light doesn't turn itself on again tonight. Why can't it do that during the day?  Oh well, I guess I just need to chalk it all up to I got bonus snuggle time with all 3...even if it was in the middle of the night. :)

Hope you all are having a great Friday and have a wonderful weekend too!

1 comment:

SaraBelle said...

Oh no, Marie! That stinks!

We used to have a light on a remote in our old house in Chicago. It would come on by itself ALL THE TIME (it was so creepy when we'd come home at night and it would be on!). We used to joke that we had a ghost, but it was most likely someone else in the neighborhood with the same fan / remote. Ugh! Sorry you are sleep deprived again. I hope the girls are nice to you guys tonight!
Sara