Saturday, August 2, 2008

Party, Party, Party!

Party, Party, Party! Ok, so it was only 2 parties, but I feel the need to throw in that 3rd Party! Whew!  Today was all about parties!  We took the girls to their first birthday celebration in honor of their friend Maddy's 1st Birthday (daughter of my friends April and Matt). 

Happy Birthday Maddy!
Isn't she so cute?!!! This was her opening presents outfit made by my friend Nandee. If you need any cute personalized kids clothing, let me know and I'll put you in touch with her. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of Maddy's other party outfit. A cute little skirt and top....super cute too! 

The girls got to meet a lot of new friends and had a lot of fun being outside (in the shade of course). They were pretty good for most of the party, but about half way through, Alexis got a little scared and didn't know where she was or who was holding her so she needed to have a little quiet time with Daddy out on the front porch. That seemed to settle her right down and after that she was in pretty good shape. Anna decided it would be a good time to get a little sleepy and Ava just enjoyed meeting all of her new friends.  

Amanda's mom is a prof. photographer and she snapped this picture of us, with my camera. How did she get all 3 girls to look at her? I can NEVER get this to happen, but I think I might try the fun noises she made to see if it works for me. I can't wait to see some of the pictures she took too!  Thanks Marnie!

We tried to get a picture of the girls with Maddy (Check out her blog: The Peanut Gallery) and also Amanda and Michael's kids, Brooklyn and Levi who just turned 2 on July 21st. Happy Belated birthday Brooklyn and Levi!!!  But getting three 5-month olds, one 1 year old and two 2 year olds is quite a task. But we'll keep trying. It will be so fun to watch these kids all grow up together. I love having my best friends so close and also having our kids so close in age.  I get to learn from April and Amanda and they give me all of the cool tips on the best (and worst) products!  I'm so lucky to have them! Thanks for everything April and Amanda, you guys are the best!
L-R back: Levi, Brooklyn, Maddy
L-R front: Alexis, Ava, Anna


After leaving Maddy's party, we drove straight over to our friend Luis and Jen's house. It was a nice summer BBQ with all of Jeff's buddies, but the funny thing is it now includes wives and kids and is so different from their gatherings "back-in-the-day" I'm sure. My, how things change. Especially when Gator (aka: Jeff for those of you that don't know him as Gator) walks in with 3 car seats and 3 daughters. That brings up an interesting point. It seems that if you worked at the Newport Music Hall and were any part of this group of friends, you are destined to have girls for children. I can only think of one of the friends that had a boy (he had a girl first though). It just makes me smile and think that all of these rough and tough guys all are wrapped around the tiny, cute, little, princess pinkies of their daughters. So sweet. They are all great dads and you can see how protective already they all are. No one will want to be these girls' first boyfriends with this group of dads. :)

Below is Luis and Jen's adorable daughter Isabella holding Ava. She was so sweet and wanted to hold the babies.  Her pretty party attire was so cute, including heels and tiara, and I need to add that with all of the style and poise, she changed into at least one other outfit during the party complete with a new tiara and heels. Gotta love 5 year old girls and dress up accessories and dresses. It's going to be so much fun at our house! 

Well, we were hoping to be able to stay a little longer at this party, but it was approaching bedtime and the girls were starting to get a bit ancy. We made the decision to try and feed them there and then we would lay them down and see if they could sleep a bit before heading home. Yea, that didn't work out so well. We took the girls to a quiet room in the house and our friend Stacy tried to help us feed the girls, but I think the girls had just had too many new faces throughout the entire day that they couldn't settle down for anyone except us and even that was not really the case. So we packed up our stuff, said a quick goodbye and headed home. Good thing we only live 5 mins. away. 

Here is a picture I snapped of Stacy holding Anna prior to the attempt at feeding. She was obviously happy and calm at this point. :) 


And here's Jeff and Alexis. She was definitely Daddy's girl today. So sweet, I love it!


Knowing me, you know I had to have a game plan for when we got home. I knew the girls would be crying even though they had settled in the car. I knew they were hungry and tired and needed  a bottle and to go to bed, so I asked Jeff to help carry the girls in, but then if he could make the new bottles then I would do the assembly line of diaper changes and pajamas. (good thing I gave them baths this morning!)  We got done around the same time, sat down with the girls, and they all ate and settled right down. Actually, they all settled down as soon as we set foot in the house. I didn't realize how calming it was to them to be in their own surroundings. It really did make a difference. So they finished their bottles, fell asleep during the last bits and then went to sleep as soon as their heads touched their sheets. So sweet. Now let's hope they sleep until 8am...ok, I'll take 6am. 

Sorry we kept you out past your bedtime girls. Goodnight sweet babies, we love you! 

Stay tuned for 5 month pictures coming soon! I still need to take them so it may be next week sometime. 

1 comment:

Harris Boys said...

what a FUN day for you all. its hard with young kids when you take them out of their own surrounding. the boys still to this day don't eat well at my parents house. too much to see and do :)

looks like the girls enjoyed the parties!!