Monday, August 25, 2008

The best audience EVER!

This isn't going to start the way the title implies, so don't think I am headed for the gutter.....

Most days, my shower is not the relaxing 20-30 minutes it used to be. It's now: rush, rush, wash, rinse, condition, rinse, rush, rush, wash, rinse, repeat as many times as allowed. Usually it is cut short by the sound of one or all of the girls waking from a nap much earlier than I expected. Naps are the only times I can really get a shower so it's hard to predict when all 3 will be staying asleep for 10-15 mins all at once With this being said, many times, I am lucky to even get a shower before Jeff comes home. I have come to appreciate the fact that a shower is a shower and no matter what time of day it may occur, it is not only necessary for obvious cleanliness reasons, but also for ones own sanity. I cherish my shower!  

On the lucky day that I do get a shower prior to 8pm, I don't always get my hair dried before the girls wake from their nap, so one, or all 3, are brought down to my room to watch me dry my hair. It's kind of crazy but they can be crying up a storm, and the minute that hair dryer turns on, it's all eyes on me and they act as content as can be. I have the best audience in the world....check them out!  
L-R Ava, Anna, Alexis

They aren't an audience that can give standing ovations just yet, but they make up for it by being so darn cute!  I just love watching them take in the world and learning every minute. Isn't it cool?

5 comments:

the schirano triplets said...

oh my gosh, they are seriously cuter than ever marie! look at those gorgeous baby girls of yours! i love watching my 3 soak up the world too, those little brains are incredible to watch!

Katie said...

That's about the cutest thing EVER! They look like they're looking at their mama with total admiration and love. ;)

(I have to say, though, that sometimes I think I would give anything to take a 20 minute shower. ahhh, that would be nice)

Harris Boys said...

they are adorable!!

if they like the hair dryer, try a vacuum cleaner. when the boys would get real fussy when they were younger I would start the vacuum and they would immed. stop crying.

great pic of the girls, look how big they are getting! awww

Kelli said...

it IS so very cool! Reading your post brought back memories....i totally forgot how turning on the blow dryer would calm any crying!

Your girls are absolutely beautiful!

- Kelli

Pam said...

oh, so cute! they're so beautiful!