Wednesday, September 3, 2008

6 Months!

I always told Jeff that if we could just survive the first 6 months we would be all set. In some ways that is true and in other ways, boy was I wrong!  Yes, the girls are all sleeping pretty good at night and they all are great babies. We have a pretty good schedule going too. But the fun is only starting. It was so much easier when they were smaller. Now they are into everything so entertaining them all day wears me out some days. I feel like I am either singing, dancing or playing for about 12 hours straight during the day. (sometimes doing all 3 in front of all 3 at the same time) The girls don't really nap for very long at the same times and it seems like once I get all 3 down, the first one I laid down is ready to get up.  I haven't quite figured out how to get the girls to take 2 really good naps (1 morning and 1 afternoon) yet. If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears!  And while my days are a bit more busy than they were before, I wouldn't trade it for the world. They are so much fun to interact with and you can see their little personalities really shining through. We have so much fun and to see the girls grow and learn each day is amazing. We are truly blessed. 

All 3 are sitting up by themselves now. They can sit for quite a while unassisted and sometimes tip over, but they are really doing great and even playing with toys while sitting. 
It's hard to get all 3 to look at me though without falling over, so you'll just have to look at Anna's face in the mirror. 

We will be going for their 6 month check up next Tuesday so stay tuned for weights and heights. Happy 6 Months Anna, Ava and Alexis! 

Here are 6 things we love about each of you:

ANNA
(her shirt says It's all about the dress and Happily Ever After)

We love:
1. How you nestle under our chin when we are rocking with you.
2. Your beautiful blond hair and blue eyes.
3. How your lower lip quivers a little when you get scared, but stops when we pick you up.
4. How calm you are most of the time and how you seem to calm your sisters too.
5. How you bat at things with your arms and how strong you are. (technically it's hitting, but for now it's still cute.)
6. The way you listen to books so intently!

AVA
(her shirt says princess in training)

We love:
1. Your little frog legs and how you always want to jump!
2. Your baby talk voice.
3. How you hold your sisters' hands when sitting next to them.
4. Your crazy hair and how the long wispy pieces over your ears curl up.
5. How quickly you flip over from your back to your tummy. (except when trying to change your diaper)
6. How you love story time and really look at the pictures. 

ALEXIS
(her shirt says Bald is Beautiful)...while not completely true for Alexis anymore, I thought it was cute and it's why I bought the pack of Disney shirts for the girls. It just made me laugh and I thought it could be a mini tribute to their daddy. Ok, now I'm stretching. Really, they were on sale at Target for about $1 each. Who can pass that up? 

We love:
1. Your endless energy.
2. Your spunky little smile.
3. Your big, bright blue eyes.
4. How observant you are.
5. When you yawn and make a cute little sound at the same time. 
6. How you settle down immediately for story time and like for us to read to you.

Happy 6 months Anna, Ava and Alexis! We can't wait to see what all you do next!  


5 comments:

Kristen Callaway said...

So I swear that you just posted that :) I've been checking since Saturday if you had posted anything new. They are absolutely gorgeous and adorable. I can't tell you how exciting it is for me when I get to see them. They change so much and they are each so unique in their own ways. I love them all and you and Jeff. It was great seeing ALL of you this weekend and hopefully we will be back soon and we will get to spend some more time with you!! Better planning next time!!! Love you and miss you!!!

the schirano triplets said...

happy 6 months!

Grey Family said...

It's fun to learn all these wonderful items about your beautiful girls. I can't believe how fast time is flying already! It's even more amazing how much they look so different and each have qualities of both of you!

Harris Boys said...

happy 6 months big girls...its amazing to see them sitting up and interacting so much more. I don't know how you stand all the cutness on a daily basis??

Happy 6 months girls!!!!!

SaraBelle said...

Happy 6 months, Anna, Ava & Alexis. You are getting so big! :-)