Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dr. Appt. Updates!

Here are the details from the girls' 2 month check up at the pediatrician today:
Anna
20.25 inches tall
8lbs 15 oz

Ava
20.5 inches tall
8lbs 14.5 oz

Alexis
20.25 inches tall
8lbs 9oz

They all received their first round of vaccinations today, one shot in each leg.  They all SCREAMED at the moment of impact, but it only lasted until I picked them up and told them it was Daddy's fault and then they stopped crying. :)
She said that they are all doing amazing and right now they are doing everything they should be doing. YEA girls!

I asked her about visitors because I know all of you will be asking me....so here's the deal.
You CAN now visit the girls IF you meet these guidelines:
--You or your family members haven't been sick within 10 days prior to visiting.
--You don't have young children (4 or under).
--You don't have children that attend daycare.
--You agree to wash your hands before holding the girls. (duh, I know...but I had to include it.) 
--You call us ahead of time so we can discuss when would be a good time to come over. 
(Ok, so the last one is my rule, but really can you blame me? We have a good schedule going on right now and it would just be easier if we are able to keep somewhat of a routine with the girls so they don't get too cranky.)

Unfortunately, if you have been sick you'll have to wait at least 10 days or if you have children that are under 4 or attend daycare the Dr. wants us to wait at least one more month before introducing you to the girls. We know many of you are probably thinking we are being overly protective, but we are trying to go by what the Dr. wants us to do so we can continue to keep the girls healthy and growing strong.  And it's our job as parents to be protective, so that's the deal. We appreciate your patience and believe me when I say, I can't wait for you to meet them...when the time is right. :)

Here are a few pictures from today...check out their pink camo band-aids on their thighs! Of course I took pictures of their first band-aids. :) 
ALEXIS
It almost looks like Ava and Alexis were playing Hear No Evil and Speak No Evil...if only Anna would have covered her eyes. :) 

This next picture just goes to show that Alexis is not the only one who cries during photos...today it was Anna and Ava's turn to make picture time difficult. 
 
But then they all settled and here are my sweet girls. 

Also, I wanted to add that my Dad came home from the hospital today and is doing great! He feels good and is still moving forward with his plans to work his next project in San Antonio...I think him and my Uncle Jim are planning on leaving this weekend. So really, my Dad is right back up and at em....like there was ever any doubt?!!  

3 comments:

Kristen Callaway said...

What was wrong with your Dad?? We need to discuss soon when I can visit!! I cant' wait!

the schirano triplets said...

i cannot believe they are almost 9 pounds already! and i have to say that i love that you took a picture of their 1st bandaids...so my style :)

Anonymous said...

You be as protective as you want! That's your job Mother Marie! :)

-Kay