Friday, Yesterday and Today, I have had the girls all to myself again. Last week I only did Tuesday by myself because my mom had a seminar at work all day. Friday was techincially a half day since Jeff came home early...so I can't really count that one under my belt as all my own. This week, I am all by myself because my poor mom caught a cold last Thursday so she has been banned from the house. Good thing too, since it turned into somewhat of bronchitis over the weekend. I feel horrible for her. She hates air conditioning because she always gets too cold, but Jeff and I hate to be hot, so we had turned the air on last week just a tad so we could cool down the house since we had a few really nice, but hot days last week. Well somehow from the drafts in the house or something, she got sick. I don't think it helps that she was also sleep deprived so her immune system had to work extra hard. Well since she started to feel sick (and she knows from past experience that it turns into bronchitis with her) I told her to go home. She went to the Dr. on Friday and got antibiotics, so she isn't contagious or anything now, but I still think it is important for her to get well and stay well. Needless to say...I've basically gone cold turkey (her words today) on having her here. I am doing pretty well considering. It's probably good for me too. This way I have to take care of everything and don't rely on her help and it has made me believe that I can actually take care of all 3 girls by myself. Now if I can only get Jeff to have the same level of confidence so one day I can make it to the mall or out for a pedicure without having to ask my mom or sister to come over and help him.
Sidebar: Thanks to my mom, last weekend I was able to sneak in my first pedicure since JULY with my friend April. Thanks to April for joining me last minute and knowing that I just needed to get out. We even stopped by the mall for an hour and if you know me...I hate shopping...but it was actually fun this time. And Thanks to Jeff for encouraging me to get out and not freaking out at how much I spent on the BAD pedicure and clothes purchase from the LOFT. He even knew I needed it. :)
Ok, back to topic...Here are some of the things that have happened since my mom is not here:
1. I talk out loud to myself. **technically I am also talking to the babies, but I do it even when they are sleeping. I know...I'm weird. I just can't stand absolute silence except of course when I am begging for silence from babies crying.**
2. I sing really loudly and really badly to the satellite TV 80's station. I mean really badly...I never know the right words, just ask Jeff. I make them up...and even on songs I really should know. I have no clue of any lyrics...ever. :)
3. Related to #2...I dance all around the house. I think I actually made Anna laugh when she saw me dancing...ok, not really, but she did look at me as if to say "Mom, don't quit your day job!" HA!
4. Related to #3...I turn my 'dance moves' into 'workout moves'....and pretend I'm actually getting exercise. I bet the people walking their dogs by house sure do get a laugh when they see me inside "moving".
5. When I am not singing or dancing, I turn on the TV when I am folding laundry or something...and talk to the people on TV. *I told you, I'm weird like that.* Mainly I criticize or make fun of people on home improvement shows...like "why would you pick that 'such and such' for your house, ewwww!" HA HA!
6. I don't get as much time to check email and write new posts for the blog...thus why it's been a week since my last entry....
So to all of you, my loyal blog readers and blog friends, be patient with me...soon, I will be able to take care of 3 babies, sing lyrics that I make up and have time for new posts...watch out, I might even make time for lunch. :) In the meantime, I will just keep trying to survive the silliness that has become my life. :)
Stay tuned over the next week for the girls' 2 month old pictures (I plan to take them this weekend) and also an update after we go to the pediatrician for their 2 month check up....shots and all. :(