Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Outside at last!

So this past weekend the weather was BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't take it any longer and just had to get outside with the girls. While we are still limited to going places because the Dr. doesn't want the girls to be exposed to lots of people just yet, we haven't been banned from nice weather....so check out the girls first trip around the block!

We went for a walk around our neighborhood and I think the fresh air is just what I needed. As Jeff said...I needed to blow the stink off of me! Not really the nicest thing my husband has said to me...but I know what he meant. I really haven't been out of the house much (if at all) since Christmas.....Let me repeat that...I haven't been out of the house except for Dr.'s appointments and the few times I made it out to eat while on bedrest....it was only like 4 times and it was for my own sanity and included valet...well at least Jeff dropping me off at the front doors of restaurants. So other than my Dr.'s Appointments while on bedrest and then the birth of the girls and visiting them in the NICU for a week, I haven't been out since Christmas.....and if you know me....that's been probably the hardest part of this entire pregnancy journey. When people would ask if I was uncomfortable carrying triplets or if I was tired etc. etc...really, I just answered no...I loved being pregnant...it was the cabin fever that was the hardest. But now that is over and we broke out!!!!

Oh and one of my friends sent me a link to a cool jogging triple stroller that was on craigslist. We were able to get a really affordable deal on it. Considering they sell for $800 brand new, I am way happy that we were able to get it for MUCH, MUCH less than that! Now I have 2 strollers. This one you see below in the pictures and then also the one we call the train that my bookclub friends got for me. It has the 3 seats all in a row so it fits better in tight spots. That one will be used when we go places indoors and need to fit places. :) This one is one we can take a bit more off road....no, not really off road, but you know what I mean....outside and not worry about it getting dirty and beat up by pavement etc.

Me with the girls (Yes, I still need a tan, but my friend Kristen was supposed to be getting one for me in Florida this week. Hopefully she can send it my way. :)Also, check out how green our grass is thanks to my husband and the nice weather!


Here is a closer picture of the girls enjoying their first stroller ride!

4 comments:

Harris Boys said...

yay for finally getting outside to enjoy some nice weather!!! am I missing the pics??

saucysarie said...

They look so cute in their stroller. All seemed to have enjoyed it! :)

Kristen Callaway said...

Don't worry....I got a tan for you... I suffered for it the first few days. Too excited about being outside and then I couldn't lay out for two days.... :) Oh well..but I did come back with some sun for you. See...you are enjoying the sun I sent your way :)

Harris Boys said...

yay I see the pics now...they LOOK SO CUTE!!!!