Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I survived a day alone!

I forgot to mention...or I guess I just haven't had the time to mention.....that I survived an entire day by MYSELF with the girls this past Tuesday! My mom had a meeting for work and of course Jeff was at work, so I wanted to brave the day on my own. I've been alone with the girls before for a couple hours here and there, but not an entire day and through several feedings...but I made it. And we all survived without injury! Next week I will be doing a couple days by myself again so wish me luck! I know you are all probably thinking that this is no big deal, but it's easier said than done. Actually, the day went fantastic, but I was pretty tired when my mom and Jeff did get home. I'm excited that I am starting to be able to do this on my own. I'm not sending my mom home for good just yet, but pretty soon she can hopefully get back to her normal life.

Oh and these pictures are for my mom's boss...just to proove that she really is here helping me ALL THE TIME and not playing hooky at work. :) Thanks for letting me "borrow" her for these past weeks. I don't know what I would have done without her. :)

9 comments:

Chris said...

I think that from now on I will be borrowing her from you because even with the lack of sleep she is having a great time. We all love her and want her to enjoy the wonderful experience!!

BuckeyeBundle said...

Thanks Chris! I know she enjoys being here, but also misses seeing you guys too. Tuesday was good for her to be back in the "real world" at least for a few hours. :)
Take care and thanks for being so understanding!

Marie

Anonymous said...

I did copy the picture of Anna in the outfit for grandma. Gave it to her Sunday after the shower for Jim and Angeles. Enjoyed seeing your mom and Tammy and all the pics! Glad things continue to go well................you seem to be adjusting very well to the busy life of children!! Some of us ease into it one at a time but you jumped right in!! Glad you all had a chance at fresh air, it can refresh mind and body! Take care and our love to all........Melissa

PS I had a hard time explaining to grandma and grandpa about "internet" and why I couldn't get it on the TV. I think they were interested again because of the postings and pictures I am sharing! We suggested to Jim M. to start a blog for their new baby when he arrives...........You may have started something.......the new family "round robin" Ask your mom for details!

Harris Boys said...

I knew you could do it..over time it will get easier and easier. YAY for surviving a day alone and that is awesome your mom has been there to help. MOMS rock!!!

the schirano triplets said...

i am so happy that you made it through the day alone. what a great accomplishment! i know it can be done, but it is so hard. way to go!

don't you just love moms? i wouldn't be sane without mine. she is over here all the time too!

Liz said...

Having my mom come 2-3 days a week for the first 6 months was the best thing I ever had happen. It was so great having her there. Glad you made it through alone. Your girls are just too cute!

Christie said...

Congratulations on making it through your first "alone" day! It is way harder than it sounds, but it will get easier for you.
Your girls are absolutely beautiful! What a gift from God to have 3 healthy beautiful girls.
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I'm bookmarking your blog so I can keep up with all you!

Have a good day!

Christie
mcgoverntrio.blogspot.com

MaryBeth said...

Just wanted to leave a comment to say your girls are beautiful. I just found your blog (through a comment on Christie's blog) and checked it out for the first time this morning. I have GGG triplets who are 20 months old, so I'll definately be back to reminisce about when my girls were this small.

Beth & Matt said...

I just want to say a huge CONGRATS! Your little "bundles" are beautiful! I was so happy to find your blog and see how you guys have been doing. We've been thinking of you and wishing the best for you! Keep up on the wonderful posts and hopefully we will be able to keep in touch! Also, a question, can I link you on Averie and Baylor's blog? Feel free to link us if you want to too! :o) Smiles - Beth