Saturday, March 22, 2008

We survived!

Last night was the first night that Jeff and I have had the girls by ourselves. We finally let my mom go home to catch up on her own sleep and have a bit of life for herself. We survived and it actually went quite well. Of course during the week this will be much harder since Jeff goes to work, so it will be hard for him to help with every feeding, but for weekends, it was nice to know we can actually do this. :)

The girls are getting up about every 3 hours with Anna being the leader of the pack and sometimes wanting to eat every 2.5 hours. She definitely keeps us on schedule. By the time we change all 3, feed all 3, burp all 3 and hold all 3, an hour or more has passed and then we try to get 1.5 or 2 hours of sleep and start all over again. :) I can't complain though....my girls are so great. They really are good babies and aren't overly fussy. When they cry it is usually because we are changing their diaper (they really don't like their feet uncovered) or if they are hungry. And if they are just crying, they are easily soothed by just snuggling and getting them to lay down on one of our chests. They love to snuggle. I will probably regret it later that we hold them so much if they can't go to sleep without us holding them, and I pretend that it is for them, but really I think I need that snuggle time just as much. They are just too sweet.

Hope you all are having a great holiday weekend. We'll try to take some pictures tomorrow for Easter!

No comments: