Saturday, March 8, 2008

I'm home and the girls are not far behind!

ANNA


AVA



ALEXIS



So Jeff brought me home from the hospital yesterday. It was so great to finally be home, but I was very sad to leave the girls. I know they are all in great hands at OSU, but I didn't want to be leaving without them.

As of yesterday, none of them were on IV's and they all were increasing their feedings by bottles right on track or even as some Dr's say...way ahead of schedule. I think they just want to come home soon too so they are are the fast track!

The nurses at OSU NICU are fantastic and they really care about our little girls. They have made them all little name plaques and even went around to all 3 on Thursday and did a photo shoot of all 3 separately so we would have even more pictures. :) I think they are in love with our girls almost as much as we are. They all rave about them and say they are all so sweet and such good eaters. (I don't think it was ever a doubt that they wouldn't be good eaters coming from us.)

I think Anna REALLY looks like her daddy and Alexis does too. I secretly hope that Ava looks at least a little like me, but really all 3 look VERY similar. Anna and Ava are usually the ones wide awake most of the time and little Alexis likes her sleep. She really gets kind of mad when you mess with her or tickle her legs when she is trying to sleep. She just pulls them up and stretches them out so far as if to say...."hey, I'm trying to sleep and grow here, quit messing with me!" But we just can't keep our hands off of them. They are just so soft and so sweet and in our eyes, just perfect!

With the crazy amount of snow we just received, it is probably better that we aren't trying to bring the girls home this weekend. One nurse told us that we needed to take the NICU discharge class this weekend (Sunday) because next weekend would probably be too late...meaning at least one, if not all 3 could be coming home in the next week! Of course they also tell us not to be discouraged if they slow up on their feedings etc. since they literally have been on the fast track. So we just keep praying that they continue to grow and do what they need to do.

I'm trying to add photos, but of course...the website is giving me fits. I promise I will keep trying...I want to share the girls with all of you as soon as possible too!

11 comments:

Kristen Callaway said...

They are absolutely gorgeous!! I can't believe how they have such little features already!! I can't wait to meet them! I'm so happy for the both of you and hope that we will all meet very soon! Get your rest...you'll need it ;)

Love you and miss you both!

Kristen

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats, the girls look great and we know they will be home soon. It's also good to see that from the very start all three girls have more hair that Jeff!

All the Best-

The Mastry's

Alan & Kathy said...

What beautiful babies you have. I can see a difference in their hair for right now. Jeff looks so natural with Anna lying on his chest. We can't wait to hear how he does on diaper duty!!!! Good Luck Jeff.
Try to keep getting rest while the girls are in such good hands in the NICU.
Keep posting when you have the chance. The updates are fun to read.
We will keep you all in our prayers.

Alan & Kathy

Harris Boys said...

Love the new pics of the girls...they are really adorable. I know you can't wait for them to be home. That is great news about them striving and doing better than expected. You did an amazing job!!

Thanks for the sweet comments back and yes I say GO for it and gets a 'new do'..it feels great!!!!

Enjoy some down time before the girls arrive home.

God Bless

Katie

the schirano triplets said...

They are so incredibly beautiful! And I just want to snuggle them! What wonderful news too, that they are doing so well. I am so happy for you. Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how defined their facial features are already. I think that they look similar, but it is amazing how fast they already have their own features as well.

Hope you get yourself shoveled out and are able to get some rest before the girls come home!

Anonymous said...

Marie and Jeff - they are all so beautiful!! Congratulations again on delivering such beautiful and healthy baby girls! Can't wait to meet them and see you back at book club... Cait

Anonymous said...

They are adorable!! Congratulations we are both so happy for you and excited for you to be able to bring home your 3 girls. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do.

Curt & Jen

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! I have printed them all to take to the farm later this week. They are all beautiful and we are so happy things are going well! Hope you can bring everyone home soon but in the meantime remember to rest!! Nurses orders! Melissa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
What beautiful girls. Thanks for taking time to share the pictures & updates.Hopefully they'll be home soon!
Eve

Beth Walsh said...

Hi Thornhill's, it is Beth Walsh from Meiling Hall to say how pleased I am for you all. I too know the sadness of leaving my little girl at the OSU NICU. You are right, all those nurses have worked there 15+ years and are great with the babies. Congratulations! I can't imagine doing it times 3. They are just beautiful. Welcome to parenthood! Beth Walsh