Sunday, March 30, 2008

4 nights and more funny photos!

So my mom hasn't stayed overnight since Tuesday night, which means Jeff and I have successfully taken care of the girls for 4 nights straight on our own. We have another night coming up tonight to make our streak an impressive 5 nights! I know this may seem like a small thing, but really it's an accomplishment in our eyes! Jeff has been great! I should probably say that again...he's fantastic with the girls! It's been really nice because it seems when one of us is extra tired or is getting frustrated because we don't know how to get one of them to stop crying, the other of us is able to step up and be the calming force. So far it is working...Thank God for that!

We've had some really funny conversations with each other too during our middle of the night feedings. Some probably not so politically correct to post here, but nonetheless...very funny! It's nice to see us evolving into this next step together. I mean, we're a family of 5 now...how cool is that?!

Since I am obviously finding myself and our situation pretty funny these days, I am posting a picture of Alexis from Easter that really made me laugh. I know Anna and Ava are in the picture too, but to me, if you look at Alexis, she looks like a mini Marlon Brando with wrinkles and all saying: I'll make you an offer you can't refuse. Maybe not, but the picture just cracked me up when I saw it.


The picture below also made my mom and I laugh when were were trying to get the girls all close enough to get them all in the same shot and Anna decides that Ava's head was the perfect resting spot for her arm....We sure are going to have a ton of laughs at our house for years to come. These girls are constantly making me laugh and smile. We are just so blessed. :)

2 comments:

Harris Boys said...

aww...love the wrinkly forehead :) Glad you husband is such a great help. I don't know what I would have done without mine during those first few months!!

Take care, your doing a GREAT Job!!!

the schirano triplets said...

the pictures are wonderful! i love the look alexis is giving the camera! by the way, your girls are just beautiful! i agree with katie, i never would have made it through the 1st couple of months home without my husband. that is fantastic he is so helpful!