Friday, February 29, 2008

Nursery Before/After!

It was one of our guest rooms for the past 4 years (aka Kristen's room first if you know the story:) and it has been transformed into our nursery. Thank goodness we decided to add the bonus room when we built the house or none of our other guest rooms would have been large enough for 3 cribs! Jeff is the master painter with his power roller and I do all of the detail and edges. This is my Mom painting the ribbon detail. Too bad my mom and I are crazy perfectionists....we couldn't get it just perfect and decided to paint over with a large white stripe and add in polka dots. 

So Jeff taped out a border for me to paint white (4 coats to cover the purples) and then I painted all of the polka dots by hand. This of course was all pre-bed rest...thank goodness we got it all done early! Of course, Bailey had to supervise!
 
Oh, and check out the adorable pink chandelier from my friends Amanda and Michael...I just love it!

This past week, my mom and dad came over to help hang the girls' names over their cribs. I love how it turned out. Maybe it will help us keep them straight during those 3am feedings too! In the picture for Alexis, you can see one of they tiny cameras my dad installed (hanging from the ceiling along the wall). It's not too intrusive and he's working on a wireless dimmer switch for the light in the room, so if we want to check on the girls and there is not enough light, then we can turn the light on from any other room in the house (on a low dim of course) and it will light enough so we can see the camera picture even better. So cool to have a dad that loves tech-y toys!



7 comments:

the schirano triplets said...

your nursery is beautiful! it puts mine to shame...

The Wilsons said...

I love your nursery! It is beautiful!!

Harris Boys said...

the girls nursery looks beautiful :) what a wonderful room to bring your girls home too! Great Job

Brad said...

The nursery looks great, i think i need to get that husband of yours a laser level next time!

Anonymous said...

OMG>...it looks beautiful! I love the purples and the polka dots! I can't wait to meet them!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Marie! It is so cute and SO YOU! I love that you chose purple- it is perfect!

Abbey Erford

Kristen Callaway said...

Its no longer going to be called Kristen's room :( Oh well...at least they have a story to go along with it :) The nursery is beautiful. Marie...I'm so proud of you and Jeff! :)

Miss you and love you lots!